Helping you find the right care
Your health and well-being always come first, and it’s been our privilege to care for our communities for many years. We hope you and your family have stayed healthy and safe during COVID-19.
Recently, we’ve had to make the difficult decision to permanently close some locations. While we regret we can’t keep caring for you at the clinic you’re used to, we’re committed to partnering with you to find care that fits your needs.
Our top priority is to support you and our clinic teams through this transition. Thank you for continuing to trust us with your health, and we look forward to caring for you for many years to come.
Our Central Minnesota Clinics in Sartell will close August 29, 2020. We are evaluating our options to stay in the St. Cloud area for dental services.
Let’s get started.
We have many of our clinicians who hope to remain in the community to continue to serve their patients with a different employer. In the next several weeks, as our clinicians finalize their plans, we will update our website so you can make informed decisions about your care.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I find the clinic closest to me?
If you’re not sure where your nearest clinic is, you can search for clinics by entering your location.
We’ll show you clinics close to you and how you can schedule an appointment. If you’re looking for a certain kind of care – like primary care, dental care, urgent care or a particular specialty – you can filter your results to find just what you’re looking for.
How do I find the nearest urgent care?
Enter your location to see which urgent care is closest to you. We’ll show you current wait times and directions for where to go.
If you’d rather receive care from home, you can schedule an urgent care video visit. Urgent care video visits offer expert care and treatment quickly for common illnesses, infections and more.
Our 24/7 online clinic – virtuwell.com – is also available at any time, day or night.
(Please note that video visits and Virtuwell aren’t for emergencies.)
How do I find my doctor?
Some of our doctors will be moving to other HealthPartners/Park Nicollet clinics – you can continue seeing them at their new clinics, or you can see them virtually through a video visit. You can also choose to get care at a different clinic, get 24/7 online care at virtuwell.com and much more. We will be updating this section with doctors and new clinic locations as that information becomes available.
- Dr. Jon Nelson will be starting at CentraCare St Cloud Medical Group North in September, 2020. Phone: 320-202-8949
- Dr. Mohamed Maray will be starting at CentraCare St Cloud Medical Group North in September, 2020. Phone: 320-202-8949
- Cheryl Bounds-Spellacy will be starting at Sartell Pediatrics in September, 2020. Phone: 320-281-3339
- Mindy Heinen, MS, LMFT, will be starting at Sartell Pediatrics in September, 2020. Phone: 320-281-3339
- Dr. Yeng Yang will be starting at HealthPartners St. Paul clinic in September, 2020. Phone 952-967-5584
- Casey Amiot will be starting at HealthPartners Well@ Work (an employer based clinic) in October, 2020.
- Teia Wolter, PA-C will be starting at CentraCare St. Cloud Medical Group North in October, 2020. Phone: 320-202-8949
- Ben Hageman, PA-C will be starting at CentraCare Northway clinic in October, 2020. Phone: 320-240-3157
- Dr. Travis Greiman will be starting at Hudson Physicians clinic in November, 2020. Phone: 715-531-6800
- Ruth Hoffman, PA-C, will be starting at Park Nicollet Clinic – Rogers in September 2020. Phone: 952-993-2000
- Dr. Les Lofgren will be starting at Park Nicollet Clinic – Rogers in September 2020. Phone: 952-993-2000
- Dr. Heather Decker will be starting at Park Nicollet Clinic – Plymouth in September 2020. Phone: 952-993-2000
- Dr. John Sebas will be starting at CentraCare Northway Clinic in September 2020. Phone: 320-251-1775
- Ali Wells, DNP-F, will be starting at Park Nicollet Clinic – Champlin in October 2020. Phone: 952-993-2000
- Rachel Raab, NP-F, will be starting at CentraCare St. Cloud Medical Group South OB/GYN in October 2020. Phone: 320-251-8181
- Amanda Walters, PA-C, will be starting at Park Nicollet Clinic – Maple Grove in September 2020. Phone: 952-993-2000
- Dr. Julie Zwiener will be starting at CentraCare Clearwater Clinic in September 2020. Phone: 320-558-2293
- Brad Rutten, PA-C will be starting at CentraCare St. Cloud Medical Group North in October, 2020. Phone: 320-202-8949
- Kyle Darnall, PsyD, LP, will be starting at CentraCare Plaza Clinic, Adult Behavioral Health in September 2020. Phone: 320-229-5112
- Rachel Petersen, PsyD, LP, will be starting at CentraCare Plaza Clinic, Adult Behavioral Health in September 2020. Phone: 320-229-5112
- Dr. Erika Pritchett will be moving her practice to Ohio.
- Dr. Tammy Dickinson has started at Hands and Heart Chiropractic in Sartell. Phone: 612-460-5674
Plans not yet determined:
- Dr. Michael Butner
- Brittany Gordon, DNP-F
Is my dental clinic closing?
The HealthPartners Dental Clinic will remain open and continue to provide dental care in its same location. To schedule an appointment please call (320) 253-5824
When is my clinic closing?
Our Central Minnesota Clinics in Sartell will close August 29, 2020.
As a standalone medical clinic, we’ve struggled to meet our financial goals. With COVID-19 creating steeper financial challenges for us and for most health care organizations, we felt that now was the right time to make this decision.
We are evaluating our options to stay in the St. Cloud area for dental services.
How do I pick a new clinic?
- If you have HealthPartners insurance, our member services team would be glad to assist you in finding a new option. You can find the number to call on the back of your HealthPartners ID card.
- If you have a different health care insurance provider, please call that member services team for assistance.
- Remember to check your health benefits before using care outside of HealthPartners. Your coverage may be different, depending on your current health plan.
Will this create a gap in Central Minnesota for medical care?
St. Cloud is fortunate to have excellent options for health care in the community. We will be working with our patients to help transition their care to other health care organizations.
And, we’ll remain an active partner in the community, continuing to provide a wide-range of health plan coverage options to individuals and businesses in the area.
How do I transfer my medical records to a new clinic?
Once you’ve selected a new clinic, we can help you with this. You can complete a release of information a couple of different ways:
- Log into your MyChart
- Once you have logged on, click “My Care” tab.
- Then “Overview” submenu option
- Scroll down to the “Manage your medical records” blue box.
- Click on the “release of information request” hyperlink
- Complete and submit the form.
- Click on the link below to print a release of information that can be mailed, faxed or dropped off.
- Contact your new clinic to complete a release of information.
If you’re trying to access your records after we’ve closed, you can contact the HealthPartners HIM Call Center @ 952-993-7600.
What happens if I need prescription refills after the clinic closes before I can find a new provider?
If you think this may happen, please contact your clinician prior to August 29. In some cases, we’ll be able to extend your prescription 30 or 60 days to allow time for you to choose a new provider.
All future orders not completed by Friday, August 28th – such as a CT scan, MRI, lab work or stress test – that you and your doctor agreed upon and were ordered by your doctor will be cancelled. After consultation with your new doctor, if your doctor feels these studies need to be completed, a new order will need to be placed.
Where can I go for sleep care?
Should you need to seek sleep medicine care beyond August 29th, there are a few options for you to choose from:
- Continue with Dr. Orhan Ucer through the use of video/phone visits. Visit Healthpartners.com/video to learn more.
- Visit our HealthPartners Anoka Riverway clinic for in-person care with one of Dr. Ucer’s colleagues: Dr. Rob Hoch or Dr. Blair Anderson.
- Transition your sleep care to CentraCare. Dr. Ucer is recommending Troy Payne MD at CentraCare Sleep Center.
Where can I go for pediatric endocrinology care?
Beginning August 26, our pediatric endocrinologists will offer in-person care at Park Nicollet Clinic – Rogers, in addition to our existing practices in Maple Grove and St. Louis Park. While we continue to evaluate possible partnership options in St. Cloud and surrounding communities to provide care closer to home, you will have access to your endocrinologist in person at our Rogers Clinic, and through video and phone visits.
Where can I go for pediatric endocrinology care?
Should you need to seek behavioral health care beyond August 29th, there several options for you to choose from:
- HealthPartners (Arden Hills): 952-541-2550
- Park Nicollet (St. Louis Park, Maple Grove): 952-993-3123
- Park Nicollet (Maple Grove): 952-993-3307
- Nystrom & Associates (Sartell): 320-253-3512
- Northern Psychiatric Associates (Baxter): 218-454-0090
- Central MN Mental Health Center (St Cloud): 320-252-5010
- CentraCare (St Cloud): 320-229-4977