Chiropractic Care for Athletic Injuries
May 5, 2017
Chiropractic care can help people of any age. It can also help athletes of all ability levels. If you are a weekend warrior, a professional athlete, or anywhere in between, chiropractic care may be able to help.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care works with the natural healing process of your body. The goal is to speed up recovery and restore range of motion and muscle strength. Improving incorrect alignment in the injured area is also important. Chiropractic care is often used for:
- Treating injuries from playing sports
- Keeping your spine and joints flexible and working properly
- Preventing future injuries using exercise plans
- Helping healthy athletes function at their highest level
Chiropractic care will help you train and heal from sports injuries. Common athletic injuries chiropractic care is used for include:
- Golfers/tennis/baseball/softball players: back, shoulder, elbow wrist
- Runners/triathletes/soccer players: IT bands, knee, back, ankle and plantar fasciitis
- Hockey players: back, knee, ankle, shoulder and neck
Chiropractic Treatment at HealthPartners
Our chiropractors work closely with your primary care doctor to make sure you get the best treatment for your needs.
- Soft tissue therapy and massage
- Rehab exercises
- Kinesio taping
We provide tailored home care instruction and sport specific exercises to help keep you from injuring yourself again.
Doctor Tammy Dickinson are available for your chiropractic needs. We welcome most major insurance. For an appointment, call 320-253-5220 or schedule through myHealthPartners.